Thursday, November 18, 2010

The impossible prison

This was inspired by MC Escher, who I recently discovered. I'm pretty sure this is my last psychedelic drawing for now. The dude in the picture was put in there because he tried to steal the golden mango at the top of the impaglavutaryios tree (imp-a-glav-u-taryus) so he was put in this tower. It's called the "impossible prison" because it's impossible for it to exist, so nothing can go in or out. They're going to let him out in 42 months


p.s. the golden mango is a shiny orange mango
that is in a big heavily protected tree (kind of like area 51) called the impaglavutaryios tree.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, I can only take so much of MC Escher, too. Good work, Hal! I love seeing your style develop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally, I think the punishment of 42 months in prison for trying to steal the golden mango is a little unfair. I mean, who doesn't love a shiny, orange mango?

    Does the mango have special properties or powers?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually that's the thing, everybody DOES love it, that's why he was put in jail. It's a GOLDEN MANGO! (I don't think it does anything, but who cares!

    ReplyDelete